22.9.13

Review: Etude House CC Cream in Silky

I was so tempted to try Etude House CC cream after seeing this picture ^, Well it was originally from naver blog, I forgot to save the link though, will put credit as soon as I find her blog.

I've had this for a couple of months, and decided to re-sell it weeks ago, hahah. Well, Etude House CC cream is available in silky (for oily skin) and glow (for dry skin). I got mine in silky, since I'm more into matte finish as of late. Before I start with the review, for reference, my skin is oily, match NC 15 in MAC foundation chart, and is acne prone.



Etude House CC Cream #silky:
This multitasting 8 in 1 formula hydrates, primes, conceals, treats, and protects skin at an easy single step for a healthier complexion, inside and outside. It glides on with a silky smooth finish

Volume: 35gr
Price: USD $9.00~15.00

 Etude House CC Cream Silky Ingredients


 pump~


 Left: Etude House CC cream after being pumped several times. Right: NEW Etude House CC Cream

About  CC cream:
CC stands for control & correct, or care & correct, etc, which vary from brand to brand. The first CC cream I tried was THE SKIN SHOP Iris CC cream which texture and color are very similar to BB cream, Iris CC cream is also considered as the very first CC cream in Korea, and it was already on the market even before the current CC cream booming. Later CC cream comes up with the old concept of magic color sphere, and claims to be a mix between skincare and makeup.

Etude House CC Cream #silky:
What it claims?
Hydrates: 2/5
Yes it does contains hyaluronic acid as hydrating properties, but I DON'T feel any hydrating effect by wearing this CC cream. Well, maybe a bit, but it tends to cling on dry patches and accentuate acne scars.
Conceals: 1/5
NO! They must have been joking when they said this CC cream could CONCEAL. This is very sheer that it barely cover up anything. Even BB cream works better. This Etude House CC cream is formulated not to conceal, but to even out skin tone. That's being said.
Primes: 2.5/5
an okay product to be used as a primer. Though it won't fill-in wrinkles/pores. Though, It feels more like a 'base' for me.
Healthier complexion: 2/5
Ahemmm.... I've got lots to say. While YES! It even out my skin tone -a bit- nothing's too amazing  as I could get better result from airy mousse foundation.

8 in 1 formula:
Anti-aging(×): getting tired of seeing this 'anti-aging' label being used everywhere (mostly Korean makeup products), this CC cream is indeed having lots of herbal extract on their ingredients list. But I don't think that using 'anti-aging' label is appropriate.
Stress relief(▲): lmao... stress relief? Can't comment much on this one. If what they meant is rejuvinating, then I'd say, this is not a skincare product, and really this is not rejuvinating at all.
Hydration (×): ^ read above
Whitening(✓): With continuous use I think it's possible, since it has ARBUTIN in it.
Sun Protection(✓): Yes, SPF 30 PA++
Tone-up(×): More like a TONE DOWN for me lol, it gives me a freaking weird orangey look.
Smooth texture(✓): Yes, it has smooth, runny texture which blends easily.
Luminosity(×); Nope. It dries up to absolute matte finish. (if you want dewy finish choose #2 glowy instead).


 Etude House CC cream silky swatch. Too ORANGE for me.
What I like:
♔ Feels light, but yes since it doesn't have any coverage at all
♔ nothing else!

What I don't like:
- Doesn't live up to their claims, lol.
- Gives me a freaking WEIRD orange-ish tone!!!
- Took ages to dry! I swatched it on my hand, and even after a few minutes, it will smudge if I were to touch it. So YES, it's smudge!
- The tube is funny! It gets ridiculously deflated after just a few pumps.
- Fragrance is too strong, typical Koreans makeup product.
- Broke me out a bit (my friends too!)
- Accentuate dryness and scars
- Poor oil control properties

NOTE that I put a correct ample amount of it during the try out and I do apply it properly.

Other Comments:
Months ago, this CC cream was being an object of daily raving on many forums, groups, blogs... Which made me feel curious! So I bought two tubes of it on a whim, It was priced at US $13.00 that time. As soon as I tried it, I WAS BEWILDERED! like, what the heck?!! Why does many people like it? It's nothing like a primer for me, more like a BASE. but heck, a cheaper base could do better than this I swear. For a while, I tried to wear it underneath my daily BB/foundation but I don't find it 'okay'. It doesn't correctly fill-up large pores (I'd recommed LIOELE  secret pore rich balm for this purpose). It doesn't keep foundation/concealer to stay in place, It doesn't hydrates, it doesn't even out my compexion... on the contrary, it gives me the weirdest ORANGEY tone on my fez, like I'm a Mr. rabbit who has consumed enormous amount of betacarotene, heck! I wonder why on earth it oxidized into shade that is too orange for me, considering I have a very yellow skintone.
If it doesn't have this weird orange tone then I won't hate it to this extent. My BFF said she didn't really like this CC cream too. awee...
So what is it supposed to do? 8in1 formulation seems to *mostly fail. It baffles me so much! And no I don't have any high expectation from this product since it's being an Etude House anyway.
My foundation blends out more smoothly without this to, haha!

Final thoughts: Okay, this may feel more like a rant, lol. I'm sorry for that. But I really really want to tell you not to waste your money on this product. (And we have the most recent release of ETUDE HOUSE precious mineral ANY CUSHION ahead). Again, I can't tell you enough to always always check what's your face product doing on your skin UNDER NATURAL LIGHTING/window lighting would do. Indoor lighting alone is not enough. You'll notice great difference from product to product. What's GOOD for your skin, what's actually WORKS for your skin, and what's giving you a skin disaster.
I've tried many products that are far much better than this CC cream, even IRIS CC cream is much better than the one from Etude House. If you like the price, I'd recommend you to try TONY MOLY luminous pure aura CC cream instead.

All in all, those with 'amost flawless' skin is probably going to like it (only if you don't mind the orangeish tone). But for me, it's a miss! Sorry, I'd never ever repurchase.

----------------------------

Phewww! Turned out as a lengthy post! I know that fans of EH CC cream might kill me for this post, hahaha! But this is my honest review. Anyhow, I dislike this cream so much that I decided to sell it right away.

I think Etude House people is really smart in marketing their product, it's been over a week that people start to hype thiz:

ETUDE HOUSE PRECIOUS MINERAL ANY CUSHION

Etude House precious mineral any cushion commercial from EH Philippines



I wonder if I should really get a hand on this? Haha? let's see... This cushion BB or Cushion foundation is almost everywhere on blogsphere nowadays. I've tried one from LANEIGE, it looks like this, texture is watery but it's just an okay product and is perfect to wear on low maintenance day. The packaging is cute~

Laneige Snow BB soothing cushion
*Photo taken with Byul, my android.
So yeah, if you LIKE Etude House CC cream, please tell me how do you like it? I really want to know! Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon on my next review~!

33 comments:

Amyboo said...

Too bad this doesn't sound good...:/ I was wanting to take this for a spin, but it sounds really bad.

Momopodo said...

Ah... So sorry this turned out bad for you.. I was hoping to try some CC cream from Etude House too. Well now I know better^^ Lovely review xoxoxo keep posting great things~

momopodo.blogspot.com

Chibilaria said...

So detailed and interesting review , thanks for sharing ~
Greetings from Italy
Chibilaria ღ Cute Random Lifestyle and Beauty Blog

Sakuranko said...

I must admit that I liked about this product is that it is fairly light, not really because I have no idea on your skin orange rust when oxidized on my skin tone in your pale pale pink actually. While I would not personally buy this product helped me a lot with oil control, I must also emphasize that good every skin type is different. Personally I found a good product but I really enjoyed seeing and reading your review.

www.sakuranko.com

J.y.♥ said...

Sakuranko: naah. I wear NC 15, and my skin tone is an obvious yellow one, I don't even have the slightest pink on my face actually. haha...

J.y.♥ said...

oooh forgot to tell that I'm a bobbi brown believer. I won't wear a foundie with pink undertones. yellow for yellow. so yeaa~~ ^^

Liliana Choi said...

Woow I thought this was a really good product? puahahahaha

Rini Cesillia said...

can't agree more about accentuate dryness.. i really don't like this CC Cream too, but in adverse I really like Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream.. This product is quite a disappointment :(

May lovesJune said...

I got a sample of CC cream from an ebay seller and tried it on one morning before I went to college and gosh it sucks! It is so sticky and smudge all over my clothes since I blend it to my neck area. It gave me a white cast and doesn't cover any blemishes on my face. WORST of all, it makes me look so oily as if I dipped my face in a deep frying pan. I was glad I didn't jump in the CC Cream's wagon and buy one.

Thanks for your honest opinion which further help me confirm that this product is not worth it.

Bella Mort said...

This made me break out horribly fast! But then, almost all Korean makeup products have that effect on me, LOL. The only BB/CC cream-type product that doesn't break me out is Ponds BB cream, although the shades are too dark. :(

Michelle said...

such a great review - Thank you dear! It's much better reading your review than buying a product which is not worth the money...

i like your blog and your design :)

with love,
www.throughalltimes.blogspot.de

Iqbal Prasetyo said...

Ah I ever own this Etude House CC Cream in silky, but I'm too afraid to use it since it would look too white on me (I'm NC 30) and I just sold it lol now I'm stick to Rachel K CC Cream in Neutral, you should try the rachel K ^^ because it soo freaking good, and doesnt smudge on my skin (mine oily) and it still holds on even I sweat a lot ^^.

www.iqbalssi.com

J.y.♥ said...

Bella mort: yah, that's bcuz korean face products is not as skin friendly (talc, fragrance, paraben, and such) and they usually contain myrisctic acid which is BAD for skin. They tend to just put up everything and exaggerate everything, claim this claim that. Which is mostly fail. lol....
I'd prefer western brand over korean brand though. they're better

Yukari said...

Actually I'm agree with your opinion. Since they first launched this CC cream, I was wondering why everyone really love this product, because I saw the difference is not too much after they wore the CC cream. hahaha. I still prefer The Face shop CC cream, it's a good product imo~

Yukari,
www.lolidreamland.blogspot.com

Adelia d Anjou said...

i just have tonymoly cc cream, and i love it... i was thinking about buy this one, but probably my opinion would be the same as yours... so better to not buy it xD

jessica ie said...

yup ive changed my mind >< I did plan to buy the glow one but after seeing it in the store, i definitely change my mind -.-
thanks for the review eonni ^^

Gaby Tan said...

Bru kmrn liat cc cream di etude.. btw thq for review

Www.gabytan.com

Lianda said...

it was so hard to get back for foundation or bb cream after summer. Because i didn't used anything by then! But now i love cc cream because they cover a little bit, make my skin color more even. And top of that i use conceler. But too bad that this cc cream wasn't good for you ):

meimeiღ said...

hahah, I just purchased mine an I wanted to try it aswell.. I hope I will not turn orangy ..

cottonkuma! said...

I completely agree. Your review says everything I've been wanting to say to people! I totally have no idea why people could love this CC cream!

Disappointed with the product, I go back to BB cream! I doubt CC creams now, except The Face Shop's and Tony Moly's--probably.

Not to mention that this product is not cheap, I wanted to dispose of it but it has my money! So I'm still keeping my Etude's CC cream for--kind of base. At least it has SPF.

aempink said...

i totally agree! i bought this in korea and tried it for one day and hated it! i haven't used it since and don't know what to do with it anymore......sooo disappointed.

Shin Esque said...

I feel like etude house CC creams are a bit too oily.
Maybe cause I have the glow?
I also have IOPE air cushion which I absolutely love, I wonder if the etude air cushions are any better xD

http://shinesque.blogspot.ca

Emi ♡ 恵美 said...

Despite it looking like a great product, too bad. Thanks for the great review ^^

恵美より ♥
www.emi-doll.blogspot.com

Classy Peach said...

Very nice review!

classypeach.blogspot.com

lizchewy said...

I have the Etude House CC cream in the Glow version and I think it's ok as a base. I think it merely brightens the skin a bit and give the skin a bit of glow. It does feel lighter than a bb cream though so I sometimes use the cc cream all over my skin and pat concealer over areas that need coverage on a good skin day. I would see why a lot of people wouldn't like this product since it doesn't seem to do much & it claims to be able to do so many things. I am curious about the Precious Mineral Any Cushion but I really want to try the IOPE one first since i have heard so many good things about that one.

Liz
www.lizchewy.com

Maryangel Chan said...

i don't think thati will never buy this cc cream ...the ince is really scary :-( btw thank you <3 <3 <3
http://mysecretkawaidream.blogspot.it/

Official WhatIWear.com said...

Hello Sparkleapple,

I'm Valencia, the community manager of WhatIWear. I checked out your blog, and I think your style is awesome! It should be seen by more people! That's why I'd like to invite you to WhaIWear.com. With 1,5 million page views a month, WhatIWear.com is the leading street style website in Asia. Plus, we're still growing, so it's perfect for rising fashionistas to have their chance to SHINE at the spotlight.

Maybe you can post these pics as your first looks on WhatIWear? I bet our members will be rooting for you as well!

We cannot wait to see your awesome style.
Click www.whatiwear.com to get started.


See you soon,
Valencia
Community manager

Nnatural Hut said...

terima kasih atas informasi yang berguna~

Pauline Reyes said...

Etude house did great hiding the dark spots on your face! Where did you purchase this CC cream?

xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

Sylvia Liaw said...

Hi, big thanks for your review about CC Cream.
I was thought about buying this one since I will run out my BB Cream.
So, I will stick to my precious bright fit BB cream.

Regards <3

Muhammad Faris Al Fatih said...

ooowwwww... your so beautifull girl... ^^

Muhammad Faris Al Fatih said...

oooww.. your so beautifull girl.... ^^

Minori G. said...

Pity that it doesnt work properly. But thank you for letting us know so we dont have to try it and waste money :p

Definitely follow u now ♥ Could u follow me back please? ^^
http://beautysis-co.blogspot.com/

I do reviews & make up too
XOXO*+.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...