15.12.12

Review: SIGMA F80 Top Flat Kabuki Brush

Several months ago, I got an offer from Jennifer to join Sigma affiliate program, and she kindly sent me Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki brush~ for free, thank you!



Sigma F80 -  Flat Kabuki:

Length: 6 1/4 in. (15.8 cm)
Unique Feature: Dense and flat head
Function: Buffed foundation application
Recommended Use: Blend liquid or cream products onto flat areas of the face such as the forehead and cheeks.
Bristle Type: Synthetic Sigmax™
Price: $18.00



  Soft and dense bristles


Verdict:
This is my very first kabuki brush I've ever had~! Back then I've always used my fingers/sponges to apply and blend BB cream, so this is quite a new experience for me ^-^ After using it for a few months, I'm ready to post a review! First, I would say that this brush is so versatile and multi-function. It could be used to buff on foundie/BB cream, and it does a great job as a countouring brush as well, especially to contour the jawline and temple area of face. F80 FTW!

Works nicely with any liquid/cream product, the versatileness is just amazing!

What I really like about the brush is the bristles. They are very very VERY SOFT and DENSE (as you can see on the pic)!! The softness of the bristles eliminates all the hassle of buffing. Though, sometimes it's a bit tricky to get into the crannys, like nose and nooks around the eye area. But I reckon it's just me being a newb, lmao~

When not used correctly, it tends to give heavy, cakey, and cracky finish. And the worst is the heavily applied foundation will accentuate the wrinkle on face (esp. under the eye). Eeek~.... But if you're able to work with it, it will give you a GOOD coverage + flawless and airbrushed finish. I like to wear it especially when high make-up maintenance is needed, like wedding occasion  and such.

It seems that many make-up gurus on youtube loves F80 too~

And to show you how soft the bristles are, I made an animated pictures for you girls~ It will take time to load the pictures.


What I like:
- VERY Soft and dense bristles ♥
- Synthetic (no allergies~)
- Thick and sturdy handle
- Doesn't soak up a lot of product
- Versatile!
- Gives a full coverage
- No brush streaks or whatsoever
- It doesn't shed

Downside:
- a lil bit pricey (but I can tolerate the price since a high quality brush can last for 2 years with a good care)
- it takes a few days to dry!!!
- tends to give heavier look, need to work more to get a natural finish.


I like to use it especially when high make-up maintenance is needed, like wedding occasion  and such. But on low maintenance day, I'm just too used to use my fingers since it gives more natural look and makes my skin looks more like 'skin'. So that's it~!

And.. this is how I usually store my F80, heheh...



Now, if you'd like, please share with me how you usually apply your foundation/BB cream, with fingers? sponges? or brushes? Thank you~

25 comments:

Josephine said...

Wow, that is a beautiful brush!
I've always lusted after Sigma brushes! >W<

나니 said...

The brush is AWESOME for bb cream! TRUST ME!

zy said...

I read many good review about this brush.. want to get one.. but it's pricey T.T

주은혜 said...

Cool! I'm in need of new brushes, so I'll consider this one for my bb cream~ Thanks for the review :D

Willa said...

This review makes me want to get one!

sisy said...

i use the other two brushes that come in a set with this F80, the F82 and F84. they're also good for applying bb creams, powder, blush, contour etc. the set is pretty pricey but all three are very good quality and versatile ^^

THT Christina said...

It looks so soft *Q* That's really nice of her to send that brusgh, I hear so many good reviews about it!

Princess Monica said...

biar gag keliatan cakey, cara pakainya harus memutar2 dan bener2 harus muter sampe even.
trus geser2nya ke bawah biar bulu halus di rambut kesisir dg sempurna.
^^

Magic Chic said...

I love the idea of gif pic to show the softness of the bristle...Good job! I really wish to get Sigma Brushes someday..I have this kind of flat top brush from MakeupGeek but the brush is too big for foundation application, less precision.I only use it to powder up.

PANDA-AGENDA said...

Waah it looks so fluffy and soft~~
I've never tried any expensive brushes before, this looks good!

I Love Yoshiki said...

I use a sponge or my fingers to apply BB Cream/Foundation :)

Popblush said...

This seems like an awesome brush, especially that it doesn't soak up too much product (which I find with some of my brushes) and that it doesn't streak!

I either use my fingers or a mineral brush to buff my foundation it. I also sometimes use a flat foundation paddle brush. I tend to stay away from sponges as they seem to absorb too much product.

Calily Caline said...

I want this brush T__T Awesome review! I apply my foundation with brushes or my fingers. But my brushes are all kinda cheap xD

ShuShu said...

that's a great brush! i should buy a new blush brush! >.<"
♥ shushu-blog.blogspot.com ♥

ValerieDeoferio said...

great post! i usually use my fingers, it's easier that way hihi ^^

Danitza Galvez said...

Hi!!(。・ω・)ノ゙
Thank you so much for visiting and commenting my blog!♥
I'm so gald you did it because that's how I found your blog! Your blog is so beautiful! I really love it! (*≧ v ≦)
I really, really want this brush! Someday I hope to have it!x3
Thank you so much for the review!
Have a nice day!(^v^)ノ

http://nyan-dany.blogspot.mx/

Calily Caline said...

Thank you sweetie ♥ <33 I always love your eyeliner too!

rae said...

wow this brush looks so amazing. i love how soft it looks!

http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
xx rae

Kristine said...

Hi! Your blog is beautiful! :>
This seems like an awesome brush! BTW nice review!

q0q0 said...

The brush is really beautiful, you make me wanna buy the brush~ <3

Istiarina Putri said...

where did you buy the case? :p

Rindodo ♥ said...

@Istiarina Putri: the case is actually a pencil case, haha I bought it several years ago, in a supermarket xD

Bibio said...

Hi, Lina!! I wonder if you remember me. Finally a brush review. Actually, I been thinking alot about getting a brush for foundation apply but kinda worry what kinda brush should I buy since there is too much brand outside. So thank you. I.might consider getting sigma now

AJ said...

I usually use my foundation brush to apply bb cream on my face if I haven't cleaned my brush yet :p
I love using foundie brush more as it gives more natural result but sometimes I hate the brush streaks eck :(

mind to follow back my blog? :3
ajbeautyhouse.blogspot.com

mahasiswa teladan said...

Thanks for review, it was excellent and very informative.
thank you :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...