3.10.12

Hime Cut and Gill Bottom Natural Wig

Hey girls, today I'm going to post a very overdue review of Gill Bottom natural wig that I received from KKcenterHk months ago >.< Boo me! I've had the pic taken with my lovely canon cam in July, woooot.
You might have seen this picture before. I've been using it as a profile pic on blogger and facebook for quite a while now ^-^
So yeah, this is the wig that I received from KKcenterHk, a gill bottom natural wig in brown.
For more info about the product you can click HERE. The price is just right, $ 20.73 (USD), pretty cheap and affordable for a synthetic wig.

Comparison of my hair and the wig. Look how shiny the wig is xD Or it's my hair that is way too dull? Haha...
It has a fake scalp, one of the first thing that I look from a wig. The scalp looks pretty natural from afar. And without a flash photoshoot, it looks all okay and really natural. The color of the fibers are just right too, the fibers strand is actually multi colored, ranged from dark brown to light brown.
I like its big wave style, totally my favorite! And also the side bangs, because I can never set my bangs to be like this unless I use a flat iron or iron tongs >.<

And this is me, wearing the wig.

My first impression was actually a good one. The wig is made from a high quality synthetic fibers (unlike the shizuka wig that I bought last year), the fibers are soft and well made, very smooth that it doesn't get tangled or frizzy at the end. That makes the maintenance/combing become really easy. The thickness is also really good, it gives a right amount of volume. :)

I think the shinyness is what really kills the entire look of the wig. I can understand because it's a synthetic fibers and I can't expect it to be more natural like kanekalon or human hair wig >.<. But still, everytime I wear it, I feel like I'm having a hair with too much leave-on hair conditioner on it. The shine also reminds me to my old cheap barbie doll, lmao. It might look well on the photo, but in real, you can notice the 'fakeness', and it looks super unflattering with a flash shoot.

It's been a while since the last time I post a doodled goofy face of mine, harharhar.... Actually, I looove this wig a lot, the color, style, and everything (except the shine). I wish I can make it less shiny.

I don't really know if the wig really suits me or not, when I look at my selca with the wig on, I was like, "It's not me...." hahaha... my face looks chubbier though ='=. I think it's because the medium length of the wig.

Speaking of hairstyle,
I've always wanted to try Japanese hime cut, or princess style which inspired by a japanese court woman from Heian Jidai/Heian period. I like this old style a lot! Esp because the straight cheeck length sidelocks, it matches my forever straight and frontal bangs perfectly, hehe.... :)
So I cut my side hair, yeaaa I did it myself, haha....

I'll leave you with an edited pic of mine (to match Heian period), hohoho.... See ya soon!


41 comments:

wen ♡ said...

Wonderful~!! I love the wig on you, the color suits you very well! :o Cute cute!

Aline said...

Wah, so beautiful!
The wig looks very natural, i really like it!
And i want the same but for my true hair xD.

Nita Desilia Tannawi said...

i love the wig! looks super soft and shiny! and u look uber cute too, Lina! ^^

http://nitarts-makeupstudio.blogspot.com/

Winona said...

DUUUDE!! Way to make me shit myself with that last pic!!! D':

This wig does look gorgeous though, I'll definitely be having a look! Thanks for the review :)

Mutiara Tanjung said...

foto yang terakhir, dibelakangnya serem amat ya..

inimutiara.blogspot.com

cominica said...

you look so cute with short-medium hair XDXD , hahah cosplay as kuon, lin! -w-

CookieCat said...

wuuah the last pic is scary, but I like the hairstyle you had there >.<
the light brown suits you very much :3

http://cookiecatsworld.blogspot.de/

blackberryfashion said...

You look so pretty :)

http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

Sashi said...

beautiful wig :3 you look so cute
<3

THT Christina said...

Ohh it's cute! The color is pretty ^^

Katherine Tealeaf said...

You look so cute. xD The colour of the hair really suits you well!

Via Violet Xue said...

you look so adorable cute <3

Tifa said...

I always wanted to try on a wig to see how much it can change my look!! xD Hahah u look like a doll so cute. I like the wig

Diana PaperDoll said...

Wow, that's such a great wig for only $20! I want it! lol I think it looks very cute on you. Too bad it's too shiny in real life though, but it makes for good selcas! Your doodle selca is too cute!

Onika Chan~ said...

soo cute!! ^_^

MissKatV said...

okay, the last photo did scared me a bit! lol

Ashari Puspita said...

the wig look suit for you
and when you use it, you look like a baby. CUTE~!!

Fanny said...

U look so pretty :)

♥ Beauty and fashion- * Make Up *♥ said...

lovely blog:) follow you:D

http://beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Try using some hair powder, dry shampoo or baby powder to make it less shiny! It works for my wigs :3

geekie said...

I love reading ur blog ^^ btw that's wig look great on you, i love the color ^^


www.fromgeektobeauty.blogspot.com

♏αяᴄ נυηℊ ℃♄αηℯł℮тт℮ said...

Looks fantastic, and I love your blog! visit your sweet post and do comment my lattest post , would be great to follow me back ! FOLLOW :) xx

marcchanelette.blogspot.com

Iyah Love said...

OMGGGGGG I just screamed at the last pic!! lol! freaky!!! anyway, you look like a doll!! :D I love the wig!!! :D

♏αяᴄ נυηℊ ℃♄αηℯł℮тт℮ said...

oh Ic

Follow me back on GFC .Followed

Marcchanelette.blogspot.com

✿Jace✿ said...

ARR! It freaks me out.. the last photo~
luckily it's not midnight here T^T
but i really love ur blog!! =D

Julia said...

sooo cute!
and great blog
~Following
Come visit my blog, it's about Nail Art (:
Kisses from Brazil

CriatividadeNasUnhas.blogspot.com

Sakuranko said...

Really cute wig sweetie~~ I´m following you becoz your and your blog are really cute..

Sakuranko Blog
My Facebook Fan Page

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ・* .BuBBLiPoP*★ said...

Ahahaha, the last pic! So cute. The wig looks really nice on you, dear!

Minnie said...

Omg I was so scared when I saw last picture XD this wig really suits you and you look so cute <3

sheepstep said...

Waaah~ You're so pretty! The wig looks great.

LOL the last pic, I was unsure about it for a while there.

Sooji said...

Hi there, pretty!!! So sorry for the late response, I've had trouble connecting with blogspot for few days. I followed you back through iphone though :) Answer to your question, I've wore Etude foundation mixed with aloe vera gel to make it more moist, and also applied very very little Etude twincake powder with a brush. I wear alot of highlighter on my face to give that glowy dewy finish :) Not much to it~ Hope you have a fabulous day, hon <3

♏αяᴄ נυηℊ ℃♄αηℯł℮тт℮ said...

Looks fantastic, and I love your blog! visit your sweet post and do comment my lattest post , would be great to PLEASE follow me back OK ! FOLLOW :) xx

marcchanelette.blogspot.com

meilanwang said...

Rin cakep tp yg dibelakang menyeramkan huahua :'(

ValerieDeoferio said...

It does look a little unnatural but you still look beautiful nonetheless ♥ I think it would be best for cosplays though ^^

anasgch said...

Super pretty! the wig didn't look like a wig! If you didn't tell, maybe it'd fool everyone! XD

btw, mind to follow each other?
i'll follow you first! I totally love your blog! :) hope to hear from you soon! :)

xoxo,
VIE BELLE

Yulie Kendra said...

great post! your blog is nice! wanna follow each other? let me know :) www.yuliekendra.com

Gracie said...

IMO you looked like Nam Gyuri~
so cute ^^

Edith Canon said...

Love the wig! I have black hair as well and I like that wigs have more volume than our real hair. That's why it's fun to wear them on occassions.

YourWigShop.com

saraukhair said...

your blog was too good. i really appreciate with your blog.Thanks for sharing.



Wigs

Adela Farina said...

So pretty! I bought this same wig, but from a different seller and it looks like absolute shit on me D: How is it that it looks so perfect on you and so shitty on me? Thanks for posting your styling tips though! I'm going to try them out and see if they help! wigs

Calily Caline said...

You look sooo young with the wig ♥ How old are you, anyway? xD

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...