22.6.12

My Beauty Diary Mask: Chocolate Truffle + Earl Grey Tea & Macaron

Thanks to Stephanie, I was able to try two sheets of beauty diary mask, chocolate truffle mask and earl grey tea & macaron mask. And yea, I'm here to write a quick review of the yummiest mask ever!


chocolate truffle ingredients

ChocolateTruffle Mask Description:
My Beauty Diary Chocolate Truffle Sheet Mask moisturizes and softens the face in 20 minutes.
The mask is made of carefully selected, quality cocoa bean extract from the southern part of Caribbean Sea and very precious truffle extract from the northern part of Italy. Cocoa beans give miraculously moisturizing and defending power while truffle provides deep nourishment and hydration. The combination makes skin feel very watery, silky and alluring.
Beta-Glucan, extracted from the endosperm of oat, together with rice protein, sinks deep into dry skin and continuously moisturizes. In addition, milk protein soothes and moisturizes excellently. The mask quenches the thirst of skin, leaving skin very comfortable, watery and elastic to the touch.
Suitable for normal skin, it is recommended for skin that tends to be dehydrated and skin with poor elasticity.

My comment:
Remember my old post about DIY Cacao Mask? If you want to skip all the hassle in making DIY cacao mask then buying My beauty diary Chocolate Truffle mask would be a great idea. It still contains all the benefit of cacao bean. It has a very tasty and yummy smell, imagine the rich smell of freshly baked chocolate muffin!

I absolutely love its sweet smell, which always entice me to lick the mask, lolz. But no I'd never do that of course, sweet smell bitter taste. =P~ But aside from the smell, I don't really like the result. The essence is too thick and it stays on the surface of my skin and absorbs very very slowly, leaving a sticky sensation on my face. aweee~ Bear in mind that I have an oily skin. I have to re-wash my face with water after use, though, once washed, I can feel my skin is hydrated, plumper, and softer. So yea, recommended for dry/normal skin, if you have oily skin type like me, just skip this mask. ('◇')ゞ

 


 So much serum! it keeps dripping~

Thin, but strong tissue.

Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Description:
My Beauty Diary Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Sheet Mask illuminates and clarifies the face in 20 minutes.
The combination of black tea ferment and bergamot essential oil gives a miraculously brightening effect. It brightens dull and yellowish skin tone, leaving skin briskly clear, fair and flawless.
Sweet almond protein and sugar cane extract are mixed to leave skin glittering and translucent, smooth and delicate. The fruit extracts of rosa canina, blueberry and acerola leave skin fair and perfectly clear, enhancing the skin’s translucency and ability to defend.
Suitable for normal skin, it is recommended for dull skin without lustre.


My Comment:
I personally like the name because it sounds cute! Earl grey tea and macaron, okay, feel like eating macarons now( ̄(エ) ̄)y. While writing this post I'm actually craving for chocolate muffins, macarons, and a cup of tea~ daaarn. Okay, the smell of this mask isn't as rich and sweet as the chocolate truffle's. Smell like a sweet tea with a drop of lemony juice in it.

Greatest combo: Macarons X tea!
This mask is supposed to give you a brighter radiance (it contains arbutin), and after I let the mask stay on my face for about 30minutes, I noticed that my face complexion has become slightly brighter. But still, I need to re-wash my face with water becase the essence is too thick to be absorbed, dang my oily skin!
 
Chocolate Truffle Rating:Photobucket
Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Rating:Photobucket

All in all, I think beauty diary masks line are a little bit too fancy for those who are serious about skincare. They added too many fragrances (even though it smells like heaven lolz)  and additives substances (like butylene glicol, etc) Oh well, you can find butylene/propylene glycol in many skincare products, but yeaaa.....ヽ(  ̄д ̄;)ノ One or two masks from My Beauty Diary won't hurt~ ^-^

21 comments:

♥PINK DOLLY♥ said...

Must give this a try!

Amyboo said...

I like MBD because they're the cheapest masks I've come across! :3 I have oily skin too, but I just let it sit and after another 30 minutes once I take the mask off, it seems to absorb...It hasn't broken me out so I think it's okay. ~
Thanks for sharing your input on these two masks though. :)

Pearl said...

I'm always scared of masks with fragrances >< even such lovely fragrances like "Chocolate truffle." I have sensitive skin, so I always have to be overly cautious -.-

Regardless, this is a great review ^^ thanks for sharing Lina~

Daphnée Kwong Waye said...

Hmm masks named 'chocolate' and 'macaron'? I have to check this out! Great reviews! Thanks for sharing :)

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

Sue said...

I'm using the earl grey tea and macaron one atm too and I love it! It absorbs well into my skin :)
I'm also about to post up a Sasa haul which includes the chocolate truffle mask. I didn't like the smell lol mine smell kind of alcoholic?! I don't know :( but yeah I didn't really like that at all :(

Elisa ♥ said...

these weren't my favorites but it has a cute packaging :D

Mika said...

I've always wanted to try My Beauty Diary masks~ They sound so gorgeous and fancy. ^_^ But basing from your review, it's not so good? They're pretty expensive, too! But the packaging and names are adorable! :D

PANDA-AGENDA said...

Oooh there are pretty :)
It's amazing that they smell nicee.
I know these masks don't worry miracles, but they are fun once in awhile

Kristy said...

Aw I really want to try this masks. I wonder if they have green tea flavour?

http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I LOVE earl grey tea so I think I'll have to try that mask just because of that :D

cominica said...

I love my beauty diary mask~ my favorite mask ever! :D

Blair said...

Which do you prefer, Chocolate Truffle or Earl Grey Tea & Macaron?

Beauty Writer said...

Very cool! I have always wanted to try a mask :)

http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.ca/

Dawnelia said...

I haven't opened my box of masks yet but I can't wait to try them out too! *-*

http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com

Rinny said...

These masks sound delicious just from reading your review haha. I haven't tried either of these flavors, but I do like MBD's variety in masks. I'll have to pick up a box of the chocolate truffle ones :)

~*NeNe*~ said...

omg i want to try them as well!!! *o*

cutielippi said...

mbd masks really have way too much fragrance x_x the only mask that i liked so far in terms of results was the yoghurt mask but the scent is not so great :c
btw i replied about the luview-giveaway in your previous comment on the lens-posts :D didn't you get a notification? anyway, i didn't participate in the luview event this time because i'm so stressed with studying @_@ my exams are coming up and i don't have time to blog anymore right now :c but if there's ever going to be another luview event, then i'd love to participate :) i really hope you can understand!
lippi~

~Lisa said...

I love the packaging of this new line of MBD products. Super cute!

Anonymous said...

nice posting. thanks for sharing

Manon said...

Hello ! I like your blog :) Add me please and comment :)

Maryangel Chan said...

usefull review ^.^ hope you will follow me back

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...