26.5.12

Review: MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel in Blacktrack

Hello dollies, how is your weekend going? Mine is pretty boring, laid back days, pretty much my everyday routine now. Oh lolz, I'm really going to find a new job soon, after one or two more doctor's check-up. Hopes everything will be all right! So yea, this is what I got from my Mom's besfriend six months ago, the over hyped MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel in Blacktrack!





Mac fluidline eyeliner gel-ingredients
swatches

Mac's product description:


Ultra smooth, fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on 'foolproof' with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long wearing. Smudge-proof.  Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.


My verdict & comment:
I have never had much luck with an eyeliner gel, or actually, you'll never have much luck with eyeliner gel especially when you are residing in a tropical country like me. I've tried other brands like Maybelline, Etude house, and I had a pretty bad experience with them (panda eyes, you know lah) (✪ܫ✪). And not even one of them could withstand a day. So one day, I told (almost whining, mwahaha) my Mom that I wanted the eyeliner gel from MAC, badly! I can just buy it myself though, but a friend of her was so kind that he bought me the eyeliner gel a few days later. I'LL BE DAMNED! lolzzz~ I know I'm super late on this, but I'm glad that I can finally try it!

So yea, it goes on smooth and easy to control. Leaving a very smooth finish, almost liquid liners like but much more softer.
What amazed me most is the staying power, I couldn't even believe that I've already found my HG eyeliner gel, believe me or not, it's super humid here (no exaggerating here~) and it only budges a little on top of my oily lids. Though, I've never forgot to apply a base before put the eyeliner on.  Yesterday, I wore it for a whole day, 12 hours, and only a little bit of the eyeliner got transfered to my lower eyelid area. But it was easy to fix as always. No worries~

The blacktrack is a very pigmented black, with a REAL deep black undertone (not bluish black like maybelline lasting drama eyeliner gel). One or two dip on a brush goes a long way. Glides on smoothly also when you apply it to the waterline!  It doesn't budge easily, doesn't flake or look cakey.

The only downside of the product is the horrendous price! (USD $22.00 in my place, it's actually USD $15.00 though.)

Lasting Power:Photobucket
Color:Photobucket
Smudgeproofness:Photobucket
Waterproofness: Photobucket
Overall Rating:Photobucket

This eyeliner gel is absolutely amazing and the most versatile one I've ever used. Highly recommended! It can creates dramatic look and as well as natural look. The ease of use makes this eyeliner become begginers-friendly too.

Pink pointed eyeliner brush
 And this is the eyeliner brush I've been using to apply the MAC eyeliner gel. Actually I love to use both the angled brush and the pointed brush. I got this together with the fake etude house eyeliner gel that I accidentally bought year ago, boo me! But luckily, the eyeliner brush is still usable and surpisingly become my favorite pointed and 'cute looking' eyeliner brush. ヽ(*゜▽゜*)ノ it has a very soft  and thin bristles.

Okay, Hope this review will be helpful, I'll be back with more review (and a mini hairstyle post)~ tehee ~~~ヾ(^∇^) Toodledos!

22 comments:

Rini Cesillia said...

Nice review, rin.. Unfortunately it's pricey T.T Wannya try it someday :p

http://purplelyhazelly.blogspot.com

Baniragurō ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
나니 said...

UGHHH if only it was cheaper.. it looks like a really nice liner :C it's just so much pricier than anything here. /sobs/

Shasha said...

sounds like a good product!
MAC's products are always pricey but they come with high quality ^^
Nice review~~

Christabella Nathania said...

i have no doubt that MAC performs well. Nice review :)

christanath's beauty blog

Elisa ♥ said...

i'm using the one from bobbi brown :D which is good as well

Breena said...

How I wish it was cheaper. :(

Katherine Tealeaf said...

Thankyou for the review. I've hear so many good things about this eye liner and the bobbi brown one too. ^^ I like to use gel eyeliner, even though weather where I am is very hot too haha, it doesn't melt so much because I don't think it's as humid here.

cominica said...

Your review looks good lin, but I don't really like gel type @_@ because I'm bad at it ><

Nic Nic said...

I think I got tired of opening the pots and closing them after use... and then it got all dried up (with the Bobbi Brown one lol) anyway I'm glad it works for you!! I know what you mean about finding a working liner!!

LemonberryLulu said...

I love gel liner! I totally prefer it over pencil I haven't given this a try yet since I'm still working on my Bobbi Brown one.

Jing-Jing said...

Great review! This eyeliner is my flavorite and only gel liner I've tried lol. I've have my MAC fluidline for maybe nearly 2 years now and I still have about half left and it hasn't even dried out yet! Deffinitely worth the price >w<

Amyboo said...

I wish I could try this eyeliner too. :'( Sooo expensive...

Planet Kentir said...

Nice

Annie said...

I've never been lucky with gel liners either... maybe I should try this!

Xuelin Wu said...

wah...so expensive though.
TT^TT
its super humid in nyc too.

Yuna said...

i love mac as well! I used to use this too! it dried up after a bit though T_T but you should also look into Tony Moly gel liner if you haven't gotten it yet! I think I like it better than MAC haha (and it's cheaper)

ShinyPrettyThings said...

i quite like this one too! it still kinda smears on me. but i've had mine for awhile so it dried a bit & smears less now hahaha

Pearl said...

Everyone loves mac liner >< I've never tried anything from Mac, but this would probably be one of the first things that I'd try ^^

vanaja said...

Thanks for the wonderful tips.

Suesue said...

thanks for the review! I'm also planning to buy it! :D can't wait to try out!! xx

Si Poe said...

for a cheaper version of this gel eyeliner, e.l.f gel eyeliner works quite well lhoh..youshould try it :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...