15.11.11

Review: My Beauty Diary Bird's Nest Mask & Mixed Berry Mask

Today, I'll be reviewing two different types of tissue mask from the same brand, My Beauty Diary. The first one is My Beauty Diary Bird's Nest Mask.



this small mask fit me pretty damn well~!

Product Description:
My Beauty Diary Bird’s Nest Mask whitens, nourishes and renews the skin.
Bird’s nest extract, a precious ingredient, and corallina officinalis, the so-called “bird’s nest from the bottom of the sea”, intensely enhances skin’s moisture level, and nourishes strongly.
Hydrolyzed soy and rice protein enhance skin’s defence, elasticity and transparency. They also relieve discomfort resulting from dryness.
It is suitable for normal skin. It is especially recommended for dry, rough and dull skin.

Purpose: ultra whitening, nourishing, revitalizing.

My comment:
I listed this MBD Bird's nest mask as one of my favorite tissue mask because of the small shape! it fit me so damn well omg, I have small face to begin with and it's super difficult to find one that would fit me well. But finally I've found this mask *LOVE*
the scent is also super subtle. Other may find the smell is kinda irritating, but I personally love the scent. And not as it claimed, I don't feel any good result with the ultra whitening purpose (idk because I've been using a lot of brigthening product from BRTC) but my face felt revitalized and plumped. I'll recommend this mask for those who have dry skin (my skin is oily =/)

What I like: Small size that fit my face pretty well, rejuvinating, a lot of EXCESS serum, you can slather it all over your hands and legs (believe me!)
Downside: Dangerous ingredients (paraben, propylene glycol, fragrance), sticky cast ( but the kind of stickiness you can live with)

Overall rating: Photobucket



Next, I'm going to review MBD mixed berry mask. Which is, too big! lol... see the pic above.

Product Description:
Mixed Berry Extract drawn out from blue berry, raspberry, cowberry and mulberry in an exceptional beauty agent that dresses skin up with vitality and charm. It protects skin from environmental aggression, correcting problems like uneven complexion, dullness and sagging. After use, skin becomes firm, bright and translucent.
Appeals/characteristic: glittering bright and tender.
Purpose: Brighten uneven skin color, tighten loose skin (firming).

My comment: 
I didn't like this mask very much. The main reason is bcuz of the size, which is way TOO big for my face. The second reason is because of the overwhelming smell. I don't know is it only me, but I constantly feeling nauseous every time I wear the mask @_@. Also, it gives me a bit sticky cast after I remove the mask, however... it doesn't bothered me much. The only good thing is... it leaves my skin nourished and plumped. As for the tightening effect, I don't think it works well too >.<~

♔Downside: super overwhelming scent, sticky, doens't fit my face well.

Overall Rating: Photobucket

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you soon~!
NOTE: I've been recruiting beauty blogger for forthcoming GIVEAWAY event and I still need two decent beauty blogger from VIETNAM and THAILAND, so if you're a beauty blogger, settled in Vietnam, or Thailand. Please do contact me ASAP. Thank you ・㉨・

23 comments:

Miss L said...

great review!

nicole said...

I love the bird's nest :) Oh if you feel your skin is too oily for the mask, after the essence is fully absorbed in to the skin try rinsing it out. I personally dont leave the mask essece overnight on my face :)

Katherine Tealeaf said...

xD Your face must be tiny! Thankyou for the review, the birds nest mask seems wonderful.

I wonder what a cowberry is though. o.o;

Frozen Blossoms said...

hi, you always amaze me with your styl of writing, very simple yet very informative.

I always look up to, you inspire me to continue blogging...

Keep it up...

Isabel said...

I liked the berry smell! Both are alright but my favs are still Black Pearl, Earl Grey & Bulgarian White Rose because of their brightening effect ^_^

Fannie said...

Great review. It's weird how the same brand would produce two different sized masks.

MissFeelo said...

Ah I love face masks but I have a hard time finding ones that aren't too big and I'm sure your face is much smaller. I wonder why they make them so large in the first place!

Bea said...

i've never found a face mask that fits me at all! its usually too big for my face. good job finding one!

Matcha said...

woahh~ i want to try the bird nest one~XD

please join My Beauty Diary Mask giveaway on my blog guys~ <3

http://peach-matcha.blogspot.com/2011/11/review-my-beauty-diary-mask-aloe.html

L e n a said...

nice reviewS!
i like how sheet masks make my face so smooth after using them, then i don't like the cold feeling when i first put it on. lol
i should use them more often!

Jen said...

Oh how cute! I must try the birds nest one soon ^___^ if i can find them here >.<;; Ahh, i love the scent of the mixed berry one but i agree, the serum is a bit heavy on the face even after removal of the mask~ >.< Glad you at least found a perfect mask! :)

manuel antonio spa said...

Beautiful reviews and beautiful you as you shared all that is awesome. Great

cutielippi said...

haha i looove mbd masks ^_^ thank god i'm not allergic to parabens :V my favourite one is the yogurt mask, it fits me really well too! wtf is up with the berry mask, its sooo huge :O i thought they all had the same size :/
btw i finally got the luview package! omg, they sent so much stuff! can't wait to try it out later :)

dunia kecil indi said...

tertarik sama yg pertama. iya, aku juga males kalau pakai masker kedodoran Y_Y

Yuki said...

I love these type of masks! The packages look nice :) But i wonder, why did they make the second mask so big, tho! :o

나니 said...

None of the masks ever fit my face -__-" My nose is too damn big for these Asian-customized masks. I love the MBD ones tho! : D

Amyboo said...

Haha! Too large! :'D
I really like the scents of MBD, but I agree, they can be really overpowering if I wear them for more than 10 mins. @_@

Joey said...

I love MBD masks. I actually don't mind some of the stronger scents, but I don't like the ones that leave my face very sticky even after I've pat it for ages

Lizzy said...

i had never use a beauty mask . 4 of 5 very good n.n thanks for the review n.n

MissKatv said...

thanks for the review dear :*

Marie said...

Both sounds promising, thanks for the review!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

VijiiS said...

Very unfortunate about the size!

antibiotic soap said...

Thanks for the great post. You highlight an great product & also incredible amount of work about beauty.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...