28.3.11

The Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer

Hi, this is my first ever -on the spot- concealer. I find it really helpfull to add extra coverage to obtain perfect and flawless look. I got breakout during my period. well, not that much. But it bugged me a lot. This tiny little stick got a power to boost up my confidence ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

two shades available, mine is #1 (light). Size .14 oz. Price USD $  9.00

#1 light
#2 medium

Product description:
  • Best if you want to: Conceal blemishes without over drying skin with a handy portable stick that comes in two great shades to blend with all skin tones.
  • How it works:
    • Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
    • Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.


Pros:
♡Coverage: good =)
♡Price: affordable (USD $9.00)
♡Contain herbal ingredients (tea tree and tamanu oil) which help to heal acne.
♡OIL-free and doesn't clogs pores.
♡Handy, easy to apply.

What I like:
  It has the tea tree oil to help combat your spots while hiding them. (≧∇≦)/  perfect skin saver during my period!

Cons:
- Staying power is so-so, like a couple of hours, but a few retouch will do =)
-------
Swatches:
a few swipe
Blend it, and voilaa...~

with flash~my skin look so much darker O___O
I'm very pleased with this product. Concealer with acne treating properties and what could be better? I use this only if I have to go outside. BB cream + TBS tea tree concealer = perfect flawless skin and you are ready to go! |ヽ(*゜▽゜*)ノミ|Ю  It won't makes your skin tired because of its healing properties =)

tips to put on concealer: the less for more~
You are not feel satisfied because it doesn't conceal your blemishes 100% perfectly, and then you put it on over and over again, it would cake up makes your skin looks worse.

My rating: 4/5

16 comments:

나니 said...

I don't really like tea tree oil products. So many people SWEAR by it, while most people who tried it (that I know IRL) get AWFUL reactions.. Like breakouts, rashes etc. >_<" It scares me

Elisa ♥ said...

sounds ok.. haven't tried it before, but how long will it takes?

osiao said...

I really love the tea tree series from the body shop. ^ ^ I have the tea tree oil for spot treatments and it's like a miracle in a bottle! hehe

Bee Tea said...

I am very tempted to try this now that I've read your review! I love the body shop because they don't test on animals. YAY!

Rin ♥ 김혜린 said...

Bee Tea: yes, and they support community trade too ^^ this is really a great item

osiao: yeah... I love their tea tree range products~

Elisa: its staying power is not as good as foundation, but since it's handy. you can always do a retouch just almost everywhere ^^

Nic Nic said...

This sounds like a good concealer to use! Thanks for the review :)

RYC - It's said that it's best to use special mascaras for lash extensions or you might risk the chance of them falling off quicker. hope that helps :)

Steph said...

oh~ sounds good =] i like that the blemish fighting properties aren't "chemical"

gonna check it out in stores!!!

Silkybow said...

aww thanks for sharing, I've always wanted to try products from the Body Shop. The only thing I have from there is blotting paper but i dont sweat much so it's kind of useless hehe.
My 'personal' photographer is just my sister hehehe

♥ Ani~熊貓 ♥ said...

thanks for the review, I might try it out =]

REINA said...

nice review. thanks for sharing :)

miemiemie said...

oh i will post a pic of my eyes closed with this mascara soon. a before and after eye shot perhaps :) thanks for dropping by!

miemiemie said...

omg wait, you meant a close up photo. hahah sorry wasn't reading properly! hahaha

!♥ m i m i said...

I also rly love the Tea Tree Oil blemish stick! I ran out a month ago and decided to splurge on a Clinique concealer which costed twice as much ): I don't rly like the Clinique one because it stains my skin instead of .. blending into it. Anyway, I'll def buy the TTO blemish stick after I finish my Clinique concealer!

Btw, the concealer DOES contain oil, i.e. Tea Tree Oil, but since it is an essential oil, it is GOOD for the skin and won't clog pores!

Love,
Mimi.

Hye Rin ♥ 김혜린 said...

mimi: thanks. and yees..it do has oil from tea tree. I mean this concealer is not as greasy as any other concealer...he2

Kenzie said...

This looks wonderful! I was always curious about it. Thank you for sharing!

LaGiada said...

your blog is very nice! I just registered. I'm an Italian girl who writes about beauty, pass by me if you like!

http://thatredpassion.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...