23.12.10

Alert on Geo Fake Lenses

a bit about circle lenses that are sooo popular nowadays. Let's read about its RISK for our eyes and alert on fake lenses (Geo)

However, along with this popularity, issues concerning the quality of these lenses have arisen. Currently, there are still companies selling circle contact lenses without bearing the stamp of approval from health services. Many lenses are manufactured in Asian countries where there are no guidelines or supervision over the production of the lenses. Asian countries are the biggest exporters of circle lenses. Many opticians assume that the lenses are made from cheap materials because they are very inexpensive. Many small companies in Asia are more likely to create circle lenses with cheap materials.
The trend had spread to the United States, Australia, and Canada, driven by Lady GaGa's video for her song Bad Romance, in which she displayed larger-than-life eyes. The New York Times noted that circle lenses were being worn around the country and were readily available in cosmetic and prescription variants on the Internet despite being illegal in the U.S. The FDA, the Optometrists Association of Australia, and Health Canada have not approved the use of circle lenses. Circle lenses are not illegal to buy in Canada, while the HPFB has not approved the marketing of prescription contact lenses by non-professionals in Canada, plaino lenses (contact lenses without corrective strength) are legal to buy, and are sold under the classification of novelty cosmetic lenses, which can be bought and sold online legally. The greatest concerns over circle lenses are that if obtained without a prescription they may not properly fit and can deprive the eyes of oxygen or cause serious vision problems. The lenses have a potential of scratching the cornea and causing an infection that can lead to blindness if not properly fitted.

taken from: circle lenses - wikipedia
----------------

For sweet girls that loves to wear contact lenses (Geo), make sure that your Geo is not a fake. Look at pic below for details.
fake geo lenses
fake geo lenses
Be sure to check your authentic verification number to GEO'S ANTI FAKE SYSTEM.
Just input your code (scratch if first) and then verify it.


I just want you to care for your precious eye and just like Geo's motto: "Your eyes are too precious for fake lenses!"

12 comments:

shoppingaholic said...

Great info sweets!! great job GEO lenses... there are very less brands who come up to save its buyers and GEO is one of them... loads of love from india

Kim Hye Rin ♥ 김혜린 said...

thanks for your comment ^^ yeah, geo is my fave CK brand^^

Tamara said...

Hm.. even if they are not FDA approved it doesn't mean they are bad for you. I'm sure there's a debate about that on Soompi, so I'm not going into details.
But I think everyone is making a too big of a deal from it.
There were companies selling fakes and there will be. There's nothing we can do, except be well informed and check what we get.

☆(´∀`)李兔子RabbitoBonbon☆ said...

Woah~~ That's scary! o(;A;)o I never tried any Geo lenses before... I guess it's a good brand and that's why people want to fake it? Idk. XDXD

Melody said...

Thanks for notification ^^"
I just realised mine are fake = ='! Ahhh. Oh well :(

Lovely CosMe said...

Sounds silly,but i'm not a circle lenses person.I'm affraid of getting strange subject on to my eyes >_<...

Iyah said...

Oh wow!! Thanks for letting us know about this. I don't really use cirlce lenses but I do have 2 :)

Rin~ちゃん ♥ 김혜린 said...

me too...I'm rarely put them on. though..I bougt mine yesterday from GEO. glad it was not a fake, but I wear it only once or twice a month...he2

Nic Nic said...

thanks for such an informative post.. i guess it:s inevitable with these lenses becoming so popular. I dont use circle lenses but everyone should take care in purchasing from an official dealer!

♥Mishi à la mode♥ said...

wow thanks for this post!!! I really need to be careful now.. there are A LOT of fake lenses out there.

eugene said...

"Please confirm whether it is your query."
how if this sentence come out when I check my geo lenses?

mieun said...

I would E mail Geo-Korea for the distributor nearest to my country. Then I would buy from the website that they recommend. Another good method to prevent getting fake lens

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...