27.10.10

My Artwork: Balinese Oil Painting & Watercolor Manga Style

I've been totally bussy. My campuss stuff is killing me >.<
and I think I got sick already =( *colapse

After finished my paper and printed it, it's 63pages x 3 for total 189 pages.... huuuuft.
But somehow I feel like I'm neglecting my luvly baby blog =(
So I'll be sharing about what had I done for my paper =D

I'm currently on my last BIG project in campuss~ ( >_<)
My project is making a fullcolored illustrated book for Wayang Calonarang (from Bali),
The book would be consist of character design, and traditional illustrated art made by me =)
And my visit to Bali back then really help me with my work, I got a beautiful traditional "PRADE" fabric too.

I love everything traditional <3

As for now, I've already painted oil painting art in 60cm x 40cm canvas with oil painting medium. Which will be used as main illustration for cover design.
And for other 12 illustration in A3, I'd likely used watercolor media.
(But oh 12!...I just finished only one TT^TT ) *sob
long way to go...

So here is my painting:
BARONG-60x40cm, Oil Painting

Some people may think that Barong is scary! 
and yeah his appearance is...haha, But after I finished painting it.
Somehow I got amazed with it. Barong looked way more graceful and beauty on its own <3 really~

I love oil color and water color media,
But my style now is more to naturalist and impressionist (remember Van Gogh's Starry Night?)

My old style is so Manga-ish~
take a look at this one, I made it when I was in high scholl (4years ago)
Cricket Gothica, 21x29.7cm, watercolor
She is my original female character named Cricket~
I was workin as an manga assistant for comic artist.
While he still in Incheon now.
I'm not working for him anymore, cuz I have to finished my study =P

That's all for now~ See you later...

P.S: for those who interested in my Hanbok online store please add me on facebook =D thank you~will open my shop 3 Nov, postponed due to my bussines~

Here is my FB shop link: SPARKLE HANBOK KIMONO SHOP

31 comments:

Penelope said...

your painting is amazing! Love it! you're really talented

locke said...

truly amazing 0_0

Saving Capulet said...

oh my gosh! you are super talented! I love these! you should do commissions if you're not busy!

Xiao moon said...

youre so talented!! :o
when i look at your painting, i realise i'm still far away.. XD

BuNnYLuBerz said...

wow your stuff is good!

Rinny said...

You are so talented! I wish I could paint and draw as well as you :)

Leenda said...

Wow!! You are so talented! =]

♥ Noxin ♥ said...

All the others have said what I wanted to: you're an amazingly talented artist. I especially love your grasp or light and shadow. <333 Beautiful illustration~.

Good luck on keeping up with this big project. It seems like a lot of work. And I hope you feel better soon-- I have the flu right now, and it totally steals all my energy. @_@

(P.S. You look great with black lenses! Very natural!. I have never had a pair because I think I'll look creepy. >.>' )

Melody said...

You are so so so so talented <3 !
I wish I could paint as well as you ! But I've never been the one who liked to paint ... I was always in to sketching :/ !
(I am such a terrible colourer)

Please draw me something tehehe.

Kim Hye Rin ♥ 김혜린 said...

@All, thanks for your nice comments~ hehe
I'm still learning, though.

@Melody> do you want me to draw your face? I would like to~ <3 hehe

SweetSpy said...

wow I like your paintings ^^ You work hard you are so good in painting ))) I really really like it )

Ery said...

WOW! Yr painting is excellent. it looks real and scary too :). Keep up the good work. Fighting!!!

Melody said...

DRAW MY FACEEE <3 tehehheh

หåи∂ said...

you made this?
it rocks!
i love it!

http://nanajonesofficial.blogspot.com/

~KawaiiParadise~ said...

aw thank you for such a sweet comment on my blog. I love your painting, you are so talented dear ^^
~XOXO Charlotte

Angel.S said...

Nice Artworks! Love Them~!

☆(´∀`)李兔子RabbitoBonbon☆ said...

Oh. My. God.
Your drawings are AWESOME!!!! o(;A;)o

You really good at painting eh??(^O^)COOL!

Anyway, happy Halloween to you!!♥♥

PS. I'm going to make "Onara" video soon~~ (^_~)

Kyandii** said...

Wow amazing!! you go girl!^^

The♥Ordinary♥Gal said...

Whoa. You are amazing! I would never be able to draw like that! My grandad can... I wish I Inherited that.. ^__^ Those are amazing!

-*ANSWERING BACK TO YO COMMENT*-
Savvy By Db? Wait, where do you live? Because I think it's only available in Australia! >_< Yea, promising? The only real good thing about it that I've heard is their eyeshadows! XDD Why aren't you into face powder? And, Happy Halloween to you too! xx

Emma <3

Pu3 said...

Homaigawd are you serious???? That's your art work?! That's beyond amazing! ╭(☉▂☉)╮

Lovely CosMe said...

Cool artworks :)))

dwag0ns said...

woah~ so pretty

HitomiNeko said...

thx for dropping a comment, ~ nice art work! =)

it's pretty cool~ <3

InsideOut Elle said...

omg your manga style is so pro! I love watercolored look in manga...~ reminds me of Angel Sanctuary ^^ You should definitely post up more art.

And to answer your question, I'm actually just wearing Skinfood Mushroom BBcream, Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Liner, CK105 circle lens, and Etude House Ultra Shine Lipstick in Coral Shine. I think that was it ^^ but I took the pics so long ago I'm not sure~

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

*artistic ego dies* -A- I feel like such a cruddy artist now! I think both of your artistic styles are amazing! Keep on painting because I would love to see much much more from you~! ^-^ ♥

martienn said...

nice blog; ) ur photo is really fantastic !!!
i like it :**


follow me and write a comment if you want ! <3

__YeRim's World__ said...

hi, nice pic (^o^)
specially for the barong...
i'm from bali island, and that look a like the real barong...
where you got the picture for example??
or you have been in bali before..??

♥heidi♥ said...

i love the barong painting. im horrible with oils, i dont have the patience

Steph said...

wow that's beautiful =D

Salgy said...

Wow, I like your cricket gothica...
cute

ikan tumpah said...

wow the barong, thats a great work

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...